Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Blogroll

Many blogs feature a blogroll (a list of other blogs to read). We haven't got one of those, but I think it would be useful for us to tell you a bit about blogs we read. Here's a list of some I read regularly:

Kairosnews. This is the first blog I started reading regularly. It's what Barbara calls a professional knowledge blog or perhaps a filter blog for the Computers and Writing community. In this vein, see also The Valve and PrintCulture.

Academic-Gamers. While I contribute to this community blog occasionally, it serves as a place to discuss video games from a scholarly perspective. In this vein, see also WaterCoolerGames, GrandTextAuto, and Game Girl Advance.

My favorite blogs to read are scholarly endeavors that often cross the borders between public and private, regularly mixing the personal and theoretical. See Yellowdog, Working Blue, Thanks for not being a Zombie, Colin vs. Blog, CultureCat, and my own blog, The Digital Sextant.

Finally, there are plenty of blogs that are just fun. I like The Comics Curmudgeon quite a bit.

No comments: