Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Collaborative Scholarship via blogs

The "Computers and Writing" community, a sub-set of Rhetoric/Composition scholarship, has a phalanx of active bloggers who are just finishing a "carnival" of blogging about a particular article. See some of the posts here, here, and here.

This seems to be a distinctly different activity than the one we're engaged in here--collaborative single-site authorship. Each author assumes others are reading some of the carnival but presumably no-one reads it all. Hmmm.

1 comment:

barbara i said...

I think the time and energy thing is interesting. There is also the aspect of time and energy for reading blogs. I was interviewed for a doc on blogging and was embarrassed when they asked me what blogs I read, and I realized that by the time I get done posting to mine each day, I hardly have time to read anyone's blog.

I think the future of lots of e-communication will be based on good "feeds" or tags that help readers go right to what interests them.

Anyway, I posted a link to some research about how college students use blogs (and Ha Ha, I hven't read the whole thing yet.)
b