Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Welcome blogoteers.

We have added Brendan Riley from the English Department to our group. He has a slick looking blog called The Daily Sextant and he seems to fit with our group. Here is some biographical information about him:

I am a member of the English Department faculty at Columbia College Chicago. Columbia College provides a liberal arts-based education for students interested in careers in the performing and media arts. I teach Composition and New Media classes at Columbia, and look forward to participating in the Cultural Studies program.

I earned my PhD in English from the University of Florida in 2004, where I studied Film and Media Studies as well as Rhetoric and Composition. My research interests include: Rhetoric and Composition theory, particularly work in the sub-field of Computers & Writing; New Media studies; Grammatology (the study of the history of writing); and Film and Media Studies. My work has appeared in Kairos and Computers and Composition Online, among others. I also have some experience in programming web applications. For example, my web-based gradebook program is in use by several instructors in the English Department at the University of Florida.


Brendan our other blogoteers are Sharon Ross from the Television Department and Russell Porter, documentary filmaker and Columbia College Chicago teacher.

1 comment:

digital_sextant said...

Hi all! I'm excited to be part of the group. I look forward to meeting you, Russell and Sharon.

Sharon: where is your Buffy article published? What fun!